In Path of Exile, Lightning Warp is a movement spell that causes the player to teleport to a location after a delay. When the teleport occurs, lightning damage is dealt in a small area around both the previous location and the new location.
1. Description: When the skill is cast, the exit point is set. The caster can then attack, cast, or move until the teleport executes. The AoE lightning damage will occur wherever the player was standing when the teleport resolves and wherever the caster teleports to. Enough chaos orbs poe is important.
2. Usage time and stats: Total usage time consists of casting time and delay time. Casting time is standard casting with base time of 1 second. It can be modified by cast speed stats. Delay time is skill effect duration and is affected by skill effect duration stats including skill gem’s one.
3. Base time for delay is calculated as a time needed for character to nomally run the euclidean distance between position where the spell was cast and exit position with character’s current movement speed. Because of that movement speed stats (including conditional ones, auras, etc) also affects delay time. It is not possible to completely eliminate this delay because there is a hidden 0.1 second delay added to it.
4. Sequence of operations: The lightning explosion occurs before the caster leaves and after the caster arrives. This will, for example, cause the caster to take damage from monsters that explode on death that are killed by Lightning Warp.
5. Death: If the caster dies before the teleport executes, the teleport will still execute, transporting the caster’s corpse to the targeted location.
6. Minimum Range: Lightning Warp has a minimum range, inside which a teleport won’t occur unless it is blocked by a terrain obstacle. An attempt to teleport within the minimum range will default to the nearest allowable teleport distance.
7. Repeat: Lightning Warp cannot be Repeated and thus cannot be supported by Spell Echo Support.
Compared with Leap Slam, Lightning Warp has the advantages of not requiring any particular weapon, potentially higher speed, and slightly longer range. However, it costs more mana and requires two support gems to be fully effective.
Compared with Flame Dash, Lightning Warp has the advantage of being able to be cast as many times as possible, but costs slightly more mana and has a noticeable delay.